Friday, January 3, 2014

EFAC NEW YEAR

One year, I resolved to stop making resolutions. Did I keep that one?



Mostly. To stop viewing myself as a fixer-upper, to stop listing off these external validation milestones, anything I might have been doing in order to appear "acceptable." 


Recently, I read one of the nine billion made-up internet statistics: that 8% of resolutions are kept. They didn't like 8%, but I think it's great. If you tried to do 100 things, maybe dozens you'd know right away were bad ideas and not worth pursuing. You might be very happy with eight.


These images were included in EFAC zine #2: Against Cthulhu. Comment on any blog post that's more than 2 weeks old (so your comment will be screened & only I will see it) with a mailing address and I will send you the zine. Or if you already have it, we'll try to come up with something else.



2014 - Some Things To Do:

The venue is still unknown, but intentions are lining up for a 2014 ARTOMATIC, in which case EFAC will be there.

Trundle Manor is a strange and wonderful place in Pittsburgh. They will be hosting a Taxidermy Workshop this March. (Send us a report if you go!)

3 comments:

smiles said...

I carry EFAC #2 in my bag so I can pull it out and read Filth's quote any time I need to "remember, cthulhu is actually a shrinking violet who cringes every single time you experience joy. make him suffer!"

Thank you both.

Rachel P said...

I totally need a copy of that. I think you have my address?

flightless said...

Rachel P - yes indeed!