Monday, April 13, 2015

Back in the Studio

 Yesterday was a lovely day in southern Vermont.  I spent some time cleaning up after the winter and then got down to serious work; airing out the studio and getting ready for art production season.  Really, it's two seasons; one from now until the mosquitos become thick enough to preclude working and then the second from when I get desperate enough to wear DEET in the studio until the weather gets cold enough that paint doesn't dry properly.


I set up the furnace.  I added some reflectors to direct the heat up and away from the ground and cinderblocks.  This turns out to make a huge difference; instead of taking fifteen or twenty minutes for 1/4" PVC to get warm enough to work with, it takes less than five.  It's actually too efficient and I'm not totally sure if I will keep using the reflectors.


I made an armature.  This is PVC tubes, chicken wire, and popsicle sticks.  


I taped up some PVC.


I cut some PVC.  The '31' refers to the number of cuts to be made.


 I also fiddled with some twigs and devices from last year.  I like how this came out.

No comments: