Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Bxiie - Points of Contention Prototype

Last weekend I participated in a 'regional burn', a Burning Man-related event called Playa del Fuego held in Pennsylvania.  I assembled a prototype of a new work, Points of Contention.


The piece is constructed of 360 2x2x48 pieces of wood, fifteen metal tubes, and a few willow and birch branches.



With the help of my build crew (including EFAC Filth) I constructed the piece on Friday.  On Sunday, the piece was burned in front of several hundred assembled participants.  It burned beautifully.




The wooden spars for this work were milled on a CNC router.  This is a new tool for me but one that has already had a big impact on my work.  Here's a link to a video of me preparing the spars for this work.

BxiieVision Facebook Page

That was my first show for this year.  I have a few other shows lined up already and a couple of other possibilities in the works.  I'll be showing at...

- Sculpturefest, Woodstock, Vermont - Opens June 30
- North Bennington Outdoor Sculpture Show, North Bennington, Vermont - Opens July 7
- LandARTlab, Woodstock, Vermont - Opens August 24

Each of these three shows will feature different largish outdoor works.

Back to the workshop!

No comments: