Thursday, December 28, 2017

Witness



Filthyhippie and I (Bxiie) have created a multimedia installation under the auspices of EFAC.  The piece is called Witness and explores the subjective nature of narrative and experience.



The piece incorporates technology and nature; not a big departure from the tools and materials I bring to my solo work.  The piece started out as something that Filth was creating on his own.  I provided some support work that sort of expanded into a full collaboration.  Not that I pushed myself into Filth's piece...  As things went along, it just became clear to both of us that this was a collaborative work.
   

We're showing it this weekend at a popup art show in Washington, DC.  I'm also bringing two other things; one half of a Swirl for the front yard and a smallish PVC/chicken wire thing called Vinylhenge.


I'm really pleased with the way this piece has turned out.  Once the new year hits, I'm going to start looking for a place to exhibit this in the northeast...  I'll certainly let you know when and where you can witness Witness.




No comments: