Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Chainlink Cube Under Way

The ECO-Visions show is coming up next weekend.  I'm supposed to install my piece this Sunday.


I'm not as far along as I would like...  I wish I had another week, but I don't.  Anyway, I started the actual assembly last night.  The poles that comprise the cube edges and vertices have been assembled and are now quite sturdy.  Today I will start to hang the chainlink that forms the faces.


As usual when I do a project in a new medium, I create lots of spin-off art and ideas for future use.  Here are a few pictures showing things I've been doing with chainlink.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty cool. (When you said "faces" I thought of distorted human faces formed out of the chainlink)

Anonymous said...

(Ben Hickson by the way)

flightless said...

It looks fabulous!

https://instagram.com/p/7TZXroKGFz/