I've been pretty busy doing other things the past few weeks. Here's what I was doing before I got distracted.
This is PVC 6; the largest piece I have done so far. This has been in process this entire season and was the impetus for the evolution of my heating/melting technique. It's not actually done yet; I managed to char two of the tendrils and mar part of the flat part through too-effective heating. I need to do some sanding and repair.
This is PVC something-or-other. I've mislaid my art log and so have no idea what number this is without lining everything up and counting them off.
This is the current state of my 'furnace'. The cinder blocks contain and direct the heat much more efficiently than the last iteration. Filth suggests that I'd get even better results if I used fire brick but this is working pretty well for now.
This is an experiment with HDPE (high density polyethylene). It looks really cool while it's melted but when it stiffens back up, it turns back into the color of the milk jug it started out as. Between last year and this, I've experimented a few times with HDPE without any good results. I still think there's something good to be found, though.
This is a different PCV something-or-other.
I'm busy for a few more weeks but I'm hoping to get back to work in late August or early September.